Friday, September 3, 2010

Third Times a Charm


Shhh!  Yogurt incubating.


After two failed attempts, I finally produced a successful batch of homemade yogurt.  Yum!  I combined two methods.  I heated the yogurt following these instructions here.  Then cooled for 3 hours, and finished the process using SouleMamas method for incubating the cultures using a heating pad for 8-10 hours.

Sure it takes a little time, but it's not hard, and it saves so much money.  Most of it can be done while you sleep!

We mix in fruit, honey, and sometimes granola.  The kids choose their own combinations.

Also, I have been busy making homemade breads, and hamburger buns, to go along with our homemade meals.

Since cutting back my hours at work I have been enjoying cooking healthy meals from scratch for my family, soaking our grains, just slowing down in general.  I am getting back to the most important things in life, caring for and nurturing my family. 

 Things both they and I have missed these past few crazy years.







No comments:

Post a Comment