Ok, since both my sister, and Patty, from Reasons for Chocolate both tagged me for this , I will try to come up with 10 surprising things about me. Thanks ladies!
1. I hate talking on the phone, in fact I get anxious when I think about a phone call I need to make. Often I have to plan out what I'm going to say before I make the call. Sad, I know! Luckily, my husband understands this about me and will often offer to make calls for me.
I finally figured out how to text about a year ago, and it has saved my life, I love to text!
2. I love the adventure of moving into a new house. In the 13 years that we have been married, we have owned 6 different houses. We have been in our current home for 4 years, a record for sure. Although I love being so close to family, and can't even fathom packing right now, I have the itch to move again. My dream house is a big white/yellow farm house with big red barns, a garden, and chickens in the yard. Maybe someday.
3. I'm a total introvert, but I love being around extroverts, they bring me out of my shell.
4. I love horses. I think every young girl has horse fever at some point, but my wishes came true. When the horse farm that I was taking lessons went up for sale, my parents bought it and we moved in! It was a wonderful experience. I learned so much, and pitched a lot of pooh! I can still smell the sweet smells of horses and hay, and still hear the sounds of the horses in their stalls through my bedroom window on warm summer nights. I have many, many fond memories of working in the barn with my Dad. I know we both miss it. I'm pretty sure if my dream house becomes a reality, my Dad will move in. I would totally be OK with that!
5. I traded my horse for my husband. Sometimes I wonder if I made the right choice. Just kidding honey, I know marrying you was a smart move. Horses don't do laundry. :)
6. I love to paint, and have an artistic side. It just doesn't come out too often these days! I had the best art teacher in High School, he is an accomplished watercolor artist and was very inspiring. Maybe someday I will have a studio in that big white farm house.
7. When I was young, I thought I was going to be a lawyer, I wasn't sure I ever wanted to have kids. I'm glad that God had bigger plans for me than I had for myself. The though if missing out on all I have experienced as a mother, and all the treasured memories my children have given me, takes my breath away.
8. I'm absent minded and often forgetful when it comes to dates, appointments, and schedules. Somewhere I'm missing the gene that makes most women good at these things. I have to have calendars and reminders everywhere, and even then I still forget things! Is it sad that I often rely on my children to help me remember things?
9. I have middle child syndrome. I'm not proud, but I am who I am. I can't believe how much of that is true! Now I know why I crave a flexible schedule, and married a last born!
10. I thank God everyday for my Mom and my sister. Even though I sometimes have a funny way of showing it, I hope they know how much I love them.
Ok, now I'm supposed to tag 5 people, but I don't have 5 blogging friends, only 3, and two of them tagged me, so that leaves Amanda at I'm Still Clay. Tag, you're it!