Monday, January 30, 2012

Problem Solved

I couldn't decide if I should call this post "big problem, small solution" or "small problem, big solution."  So I just went with "Problem Solved!"

I woke up one morning last week to find this in the kitchen: 



I guess Jim got tired of listening to me grumble about how cups are continuously scattered over every surface of the kitchen, and he came up with this for us to try.  It's working beautifully!

After me sending him a thank you, you are a genius, you should market this, text.  He did a little digging and found this on Etsy.  Shucks, cuter than neon green post-its.  Oh well, post-its are practically free, and do the job.  I also like the place holders on the backsplash better, rather than on the counter directly.  The cups are little more out of the way, and less likely to get knocked over.  Of course this only works if your kids are big enough to reach the back of the counter.  Either way, the idea is the point.  It has cut down tremendously on the counter clutter, and freed up valuable dishwasher space.

A big thank you to my smart hubby for this, and for caring about the little things that make my day go more smoothly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment