Thursday, June 4, 2009

Planning for 2009-2010 School Year

Having an awesome sister like mine is like having a personal secretary and best friend all in one. My sister not only fields multiple "best friend" type phone calls a day from me, she keeps me on schedule. She often reminds me to plan ahead, as I am not a planner by nature. I'm more of a "fly by the seat of my pants" kind of girl. ;) Apparently it's time to be planning our 2009-2010 school year, already! So here is our tentative curriculum plan (I still need to figure out some kind of science program for the girls):

Madeline (10 - 5th grade!)

Math- Saxon 6/5
Latin- Latina Christiana Level 1
History & Geography- Winter Promise American Story 1
(includes: arts & crafts, notebooking, timelines)
Language Arts- Winter Promise LA5
(includes:writing paragraphs, spelling, vocabulary, grammar, reading, handwriting)
Dance
Piano lessons

Marney (8 - 3rd grade)

Math- Saxon 3
Latin- Latina Christiana Level 1
History & Geography- Winter Promise American Story 1
Language Arts- Winter Promise LA3
(includes: grammar, spelling, vocabulary, reading, handwriting, writing)
Swim Club
Piano lessons

Owen (5 - K)

Math- Saxon 1
Latin- Listen in on the girls lesson and help them when they get stuck!
History & Geography- Winter Promise American Story 1
Phonics- Ordinary Parents Guide to Teaching Reading
Science- Bubbles, Rainbows, and Worms by Sam Ed Brown
Tae Kwon Do


I definitely need to do all the prep work I can now since I will be finishing my last semester of nursing school this fall, trying to work a little in between all this, and oh yeah, traveling half way across the world at some point to bring home our new son!

Thank Jen! One of these days I'll send you away on a vacation, it must be exhausting being my sister!


No comments:

Post a Comment