Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Camping in the backyard!







Jim and the kids camped out in the backyard last weekend, they have been waiting for some warm weather to try out the "new" tent that Santa brought. They had a great time. We are slowly building up to actually going on a camping trip. I love the idea of camping, just not sure if I will actually love sleeping outside and everything that goes into pulling off a camping weekend for a family of 5. Sleeping on the ground does not sound comfortable, and I'm afraid I am a bit of a campsite snob. I don't want to camp on the side of the highway. I want to be in a beautiful, peaceful setting without the pools and arcades. Easy to find in Vermont, not so much here. So we will keep things small scale for now, and see where this goes. The jury is still out on how serious this family is about camping. If we decide this is the way we want to see America, then I'm thinking an RV might be the compromise we are looking for.

2 comments:

  1. that looks like so much fun! we've been wanting to do that in our backyard too (but we do have a "real" camping trip coming up in a couple of weeks with 7 other families from our church...almost 30 kids! It'll be fun and interesting (especially since i'll be about 33 weeks pregnant!) We did opt to rent a cabin this year versus pitching a tent. I thought it would be easier for me! camping is a lot of work, but so much fun...You can do it Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Darcy is pushing for an RV too....family road trip, state parks, explore the good ol' US of A...you can find great deals on them now.

    ReplyDelete