Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A winner and a hurricane

...the winner is house #3!  

We could close as soon as September 19th.  I wish I was feeling more excited, but I'm just not.  I know that difficult times lay ahead.  I'm trying to be strong and stay positive for the kids sake.  I'm afraid I lost it a little today while getting the house ready to be photographed.  The kids were gone, and the reality of what lays ahead hit me hard.   The grieving process has begun.

Oreo cookies are easing the pain, just a little.

Our home here in Michigan went on the market today.  It's more than a little sad to see the sign in the yard.


.....the hurricane is Irene, and could be a direct hit.


Our new home is right about where that arrow is pointing, smack dab in the middle of the "high" hurricane threat level.  Forecasters are saying it could make landfall in NC sometime Saturday.  Let's hope she sputters out somewhere over the ocean.  While we will be safe here in MI, we will be thinking about our new friends (well, one new friend, our realtor Bill) and about our new house.  I wonder if "as is" includes hurricane damage?

Soon I'll have to write about Bill, our realtor.  We'd never met him before, and our relocation company randomly connected us with him.  His son just "happens" to have a chromosomal anomaly...




4 comments:

  1. So it's official that this is the house? I think you might need earthquake insurance too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No kidding, hopefully all natural disasters in the area will be over with for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Jill! I will be praying that your new home is safe from the storm. I look forward to seeing how you decorate (especially your homeschool space!)

    Also, praying for peace as your family transitions. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on picking a beautiful house, Jill! I love homes that come with established landscaping. Praying for this next part of the transition to run smoothly.

    ReplyDelete