Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Home Again


{Saugatuck sand dunes July 2012}

I'm seeing signs of my sanity coming back after a very stressful season of life.  At almost a year out from our move, our new normal is starting to feel normal.  I no longer feel the need to keep everyone busy, busy, busy, and therefore distracted from feeling homesick.  We can now take life one day at a time, for exactly what it is, and not rush it away.  We are coming back to center after being thrown for a loop.  We are coming back to who we are as a family, we are stronger and refocused on our long term goals.

We have had a lot of ups and downs this year, made some big decisions, only to change our minds,  repeatedly. Part of me feels really bad about that, I know it's been confusing at times for the kids, but it is truly a reflection of the emotional roller coaster that goes along with such a huge life change. 

Part of coming back to who we are as a family means back to homeschooling.  It's what works for us.  I just needed some time away from it to remember how much we love it!  I was truly burnt out.   So, although I have lot's of planning to do in the next few weeks, I am re-energized and excited to begin a new year at home.  I will continue to work a couple days a month, as I know I need this little outlet (and really enjoy my job) for the nurse in me.

I am so happy to be able to say that I am looking forward to this school year!

Tomorrow we are off to Ben's appointment at the Duke Down syndrome clinic, can't wait!


1 comment:

  1. i'm so happy to see a new update and post on your family! you all have been through many transitions...it's no wonder it's been a roller coaster at times. but i am glad to see that you are coasting into a new normal and feeling more like the family you have been created to be. peace and home is not overrated. you have such a strong, resilient, beautiful family. and with all of these major life changes...you're kids will be better for it. for you are teaching them the way to handle, respond and deal with the things that life throws our way. you are teaching them to focus on what's truly important. these lessons will carry them through life. life changes all around us. the only stability and non-changing thing we can hold onto is our God...who stays the same through the ages...and is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. glad you are "home" again.

    ReplyDelete