Sunday, October 25, 2009

Homeschool literacy rate....

100% at our house!! Owen is reading!!

The first words he read were from the McGuffy Reader Primer.

"A rat and a cat, A cat and a rat"

This was secretly one of my biggest fears when we started homeschooling, surly you need a teaching degree to teach a child to read! I'm just his mother, what do I know?

I love it when I can check things off the list to stop feeling guilty/worrying about!

He also just lost his first tooth, he is getting to be such a big boy.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Owen! (and way to go Mom!) I truly admire you and your quest and commitment to homeschool. Your efforts will continue to be rewarded.

    And very cool about the loose tooth...Brayden is entering this zone and it should happen for him sometime this year too. Cute!

    ReplyDelete