Thursday, January 6, 2011

Oil Cleansing Method: Frugal Skin Care


A few months ago, after doing a little research, I started using a combination of organic olive oil and  castor oil to clean my oily, acne-prone skin.  I was skeptical at first, I had always heard never to use oil, especially if your skin was oily to begin with.  But, after trying every acne regime on the market with no success, I was willing to give it a try.   

I must say, my skin has never felt better, and rarely have a breakout.  I use a blend of 50% Castor Oil and 50% Olive oil.  Also, I add in a few drops of tea tree essential oil, which has antiseptic properties.  You may need to adjust your ratio and/or carrier oil depending on your skin.

Mary at Owlhaven posts here about this frugal skin care routine.  More info and step by step process here.    There is also this website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment